Chicago trial attorney Brian LaCien is a founding partner with Todd A. Smith of the Chicago personal injury lawyers at Smith LaCien LLP. Together they have a lengthy track record of achieving exceptional results for clients, with more than $2.5 billion in verdicts and settlements, and over 100 cases with results of at least $1 million.
Smith LaCien was ranked in the October-November 2022 issue of Chicago Lawyer as the number-one firm in mass tort/litigation for a $42 million settlement and was listed in the magazine as among the top 10 personal injury firms for the total amount of recoveries. Compiled by the Jury Verdict Reporter, the results were from its reporting cycle between August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022.
Brian began his career as an assistant legal counsel to the Illinois House of Representatives. He joined Power Rogers & Smith and practiced personal injury law for many years before leaving to start Smith LaCien LLP in March 2020.
Brian received a J.D., magna cum laude, from DePaul University College of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa in Iowa City.
For a free consultation, call Smith LaCien at (312) 509-8900 or send an email to: email@example.com. Smith LaCien LLP is located at 70 W. Madison, Suite 2250, Chicago, IL 60602.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Chair, Tort Law Section
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Chair, Aviation Section
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers,Appointed to represent Illinois on the Board of Governors of the AAJ
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Super Lawyers since 2011, Previously a “Rising Star”
- Illinois Leading Lawyers since 2014, “Top Ten Emerging Lawyer”
- Best Lawyers of America
- Lawdragon Publishing “Top 500 Leading Lawyers in America,”2022
- Law 360 National Conference, Damages and Marijuana in personal injury lawsuits, 2022
- Guest lecturer, Practical skills training and fundamental litigation techniques for new lawyers program, Greenhorn Legal LLC, 2013 to 2015