Allyson Cox is a plaintiff-side civil litigation attorney in Chicago, driven by a desire to help injured people at one of the most difficult times of their lives. Her practice focuses primarily on personal injury, medical malpractice, and civil rights. Previously, she clerked at two other Chicago law firms. The Chicago personal injury lawyers at Smith LaCien have secured more than $2.5 billion in settlements and verdicts, and have more than 100 settlements and verdicts that exceed $1 million.
As a law student, Allyson was the external president of the Hastings Association of Youth Advocates and a staff editor of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly. She also worked as a research assistant for a professor and spent her final semester at law school as an extern for an Appellate Court justice.
She received an undergraduate degree in Secondary English Education from the University of Kansas. At UK, she volunteered at several local schools and worked as an at-home teacher for a young woman with autism.
Allyson volunteers at Equip for Equality to provide pro bono legal services for students in their Special Education Clinic, including representation at students’ annual Individual Education Plan meetings, mediations related to educational accommodations, and administrative due process hearings.
For a free consultation, call Allyson Cox or others on the Smith LaCien legal team at (312) 509-8900 or send an email to: email@example.com. Smith LaCien LLP is located at 70 W. Madison, Suite 2250, Chicago, IL 60602.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. – 2020
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- B.S. – 2017
- Major: Secondary English Education
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Chicago Bar Association
– Chicago Bar Association: Vice-Chair of YLS Women in Law Committee (2022-23)
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Best Lawyers of America “Ones to Watch” (2023)
- Illinois, 2021
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2021
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2021